- Importing an Existing Config
- Using Beacon with Ark Single Player
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- Ark Config File Reference
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- Using Config Sets
- Using Presets to Automate Item Set Creation
- Adding Unsupported Engrams, Creatures, or Spawn Points to Beacon
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
- Adjusting Breeding Multipliers and Finding the Perfect Imprint Multiplier
- Changing Creature Damage and Resistance
- Setting Harvesting Rates While Avoiding Server Lag
- Editing Creature Spawn Points
- Adjusting Server Day and Night Length
- Changing Player, Tamed, and Wild Creature Stats
- Setting Item Maximum Stats
- Controlling Engram Level Requirements, Auto Unlocks, and Earned Engram Points.
- Create or Recover Your Account
- Sign Into Beacon
- Activating Beacon Omni
- Sharing Beacon Documents with Other Users
- About User Privacy
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
- Solving Connection Problems to Beacon or Nitrado
- Beacon System Status
Create or Recover Your Account
Creating a Beacon account is required for purchasers of Beacon Omni, as purchases are tied to the email address. Having a Beacon account also creates a backup of your private key, ensuring you can easily get to your cloud documents on any computer. You may create your account before or after purchasing Beacon Omni.
If you already use Beacon, it is best to perform these steps inside Beacon because your existing private key will be the one backed up. Creating the account on the Beacon website will generate a new private key, which won't be able to decrypt your server link data to Nitrado or FTP, as well as any encrypted custom config content.
From Within Beacon
Use the menu button () on the left to open the menu. In the middle you will see one of three things.
- Enable Cloud & Community which means Beacon is set not to communicate with Beacon's server at all. Click Enable Cloud & Community to open the welcome window. Choose Log In With Email to continue.
- Sign In means Beacon is set to use its community features anonymously. Click Sign In to open the welcome window. Choose Log In With Email to continue.
- A username or email address means the account is already signed in. If you need to change the account, choose Sign Out. At the welcome window, click Log In With Email to continue.
From the Website
In the Explore menu, choose Beacon Account to be presented with the login form.
Verify Your E-Mail Address
Press Create or Recover Account and enter your email address to be sent a verification code.
Hotmail, Outlook, and other Microsoft-owned email providers seem to mark Beacon's verification emails as junk more often than they should. The problem is being worked on, but check the junk folder if you do not receive the verification code.
Follow the instructions in the verification email to continue.
Choose a Username and Password
Next you get to choose a username and password. The username is not used to sign in, it's simply a display name. Currently, the only place it is displayed is your account control panel and the public document repository. Your username may contain spaces, special characters, and doesn't even need to be unique. There is even a link to suggest a mildly amusing Ark-themed username.
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long. While there are no other rules, your password will be securely checked against the Have I Been Pwned Pwned Passwords Database. For the security-minded, you can read more about how this service uses k-Anonymity to perform the check without exposing your password here. Should you choose a password that has previously been leaked, you will be warned, but you will not be prevented from using the password anyway. Simply submit the form again if you really want to use the compromised password.