Error While Opening Library or Checking for Updates
If you receive the error "An error occurred in the secure channel support" it means your computer needs TLSv1.2 enabled.
First thing is first, manually update your engrams. Download the engrams, then use "Import…" from the "File" menu to import the file into Beacon.
Now on to actually solving the problem. Users on Windows 7 and Windows 8.0 (but not Windows 8.1 and newer) often have this issue because these versions do not have support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 enabled, which Beacon requires. Normally, the Beacon installer will attempt to enable this support automatically, but this doesn't always work.
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1.1-and-tls-1.2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows for more details and a solution.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
The Beacon Library
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content