How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
Beacon's Custom Config Content editor is a powerful tool that allows Beacon to manage entire ini files.
However, for users who want to maintain the ability to make ini changes outside of Beacon, it can be a frustrating feature. This guide will help you safely prevent Beacon from controlling your ini content.
Follow this guide carefully. Failure to do so could result in Beacon clearing your server's ini files. While Beacon does make a backup of config files before deployment, it would be better not to need them.
1. Restore "Custom Config Content" to Default
Go to the Custom Config Content editor in your Beacon file. In the Document menu, choose Restore "Custom Config Content" to Default. Beacon will ask you to confirm, which you should accept. Save your file.
2. Remove [Beacon] Groups from Config Files.
Beacon adds a
[Beacon] group to both Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini files. The group informs Beacon which changes it previously made so it can make the correct changes during the next deployment.
You must remove the group and its contents from both config files on your server.
For example, an example GameUserSettings.ini might look like:
[Beacon] ManagedKeys['ServerSettings']=(DifficultyOffset,OverrideOfficialDifficulty,XPMultiplier) ManagedKeys['SessionSettings']=(SessionName) Version=1.1.1 [ServerSettings] DifficultyOffset=1 OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5 XPMultiplier=1.0 [SessionSettings] SessionName=My Sample Server
After removing the
[Beacon] group, the GameUserSettings.ini would look like:
[ServerSettings] DifficultyOffset=1 OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5 XPMultiplier=1.0 [SessionSettings] SessionName=My Sample Server
When you deploy again, Beacon will only make changes to the config editors you're using in Beacon. Your other ini lines will be left alone.
Beacon will add a new
[Beacon] group to each of your files, this is normal and ok.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
The Beacon Library
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content