Registering Your Mod With Beacon
At the moment, registering your mod with Beacon can only be done from within the Beacon app. In the future, it will be possible to do this from the website as well.
The process is pretty straightforward:
- Use Beacon to add the mod using the mod id.
- Confirm ownership of the mod.
- List engrams.
Once a mod is listed with Beacon, the document browser will be able to inform users that a document requires your mod, and you'll get a url to show a searchable list of just your mod's engrams with spawn codes. This means you could link your spawn codes from Steam and maintain that list in one place.
Use Beacon to Add the Mod Using the Mod ID
In Beacon, click the Tools icon in the Library drawer.
In the Tools list, double-click the Mods item. Press the "+" button in the bottom left to begin. Enter the full url to the mod on Steam, or just the mod id to begin. Your mod will show in the left list. When selected, you'll be informed you need to confirm ownership of the mod.
Confirm Ownership of the Mod
You will see a string of letters and numbers. This string needs to temporarily be inserted onto the mod's Steam page. Anywhere is fine, even invisible. Once the string has been inserted, click the "Confirm Ownership" button and Beacon will scan the page source for that string. Once confirmed, you can remove the string.
With mod ownership confirmed, you can begin listing your mod's engrams. This can be done in Beacon or automatically over the internet.
Maintaining Engrams in Beacon
The "+" and "-" buttons in the lower left will add or remove rows. Beacon needs to know the full path, label, and compatibility of each engram added.
In the bottom right are also "Import File" and "Import URL" buttons. In both cases, Beacon will scan the content for cheat/spawn codes. So if you've already published a list of spawn codes for your engrams, this is a great starting point.
Once the engrams list looks to your liking, press the "Publish" button in the center and you're done. Your mod items will be available to other Beacon users on their next relaunch.
Maintaining Engrams Automatically
Beacon can pull a list of engrams daily if more convenient. Simply select the mod and press the gear button at the bottom. In the Engrams URL box, put the full url to a file containing a list of your engrams in JSON or CSV format. Engrams added, deleted, or changed will be pulled in Beacon within 24 hours.
The file format is listed as part of the Pull API documentation.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- Ark Config File Reference
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
- Adjusting Breeding Multipliers and Finding the Perfect Imprint Multiplier
- Changing Creature Damage and Resistance
- Setting Harvesting Rates While Avoiding Server Lag
- Editing Creature Spawn Points
- Adjusting Server Day and Night Length
- Changing Player, Tamed, and Wild Creature Stats
- Setting Item Maximum Stats
- Controlling Engram Level Requirements, Auto Unlocks, and Earned Engram Points.
The Beacon Library
- Using Presets to Automate Item Set Creation
- Adding Unsupported Engrams, Creatures, or Spawn Points to Beacon
- Create or Recover Your Account
- Sign Into Beacon
- Activating Beacon Omni
- Sharing Beacon Documents with Other Users
- About User Privacy
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
- Solving Connection Problems to Beacon or Nitrado
- Registering Your Mod With Beacon
- Beacon API Documentation