Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
There are two common reasons why loot drop settings are only partially effective.
Ragnarok Uses Drops for The Island and Scorched Earth
When you've set your server's map in Beacon, Beacon will show only loot sources used by the map. Since Ragnarok uses a lot of loot sources, Beacon's list feels pretty full so it may not be obvious that the drops for both The Island and Scorched Earth need to be customized.
Using Nitrado's Extra Game.ini Content or Engine Settings Fields
For many advanced config changes, these fields are appropriate. But they are limited to only 65,535 characters, which is not enough space for a loot drop config. That's only enough for 2-3 average drops.
Worse, there are tutorials out there that explicitly say to use these fields for loot drops. Sorry to say, but they're wrong. You'll need to enable Nitrado's Expert Mode. Read more about the right way to update a server's config files in the section Getting Config Files to Your Server.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
The Beacon Library
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content