Updating Your Server With FTP
If your server supports FTP (File Transfer Protocol) then Beacon can connect to your server and make changes for you. Beacon supports password-based FTP, FTP with TLS/SSL, and SFTP.
Using FTP to update your server does not affect command line options, and can not start, stop, or restart your server.
1. Stop the Servers That Will Be Updated
Use your host's control panel to stop the server completely before continuing to the next step.
2. Click the Deploy Button
If your deploy button is disabled, you need to first link your server to your file. See Importing an Existing Config for more details.
3. Choose Servers to be Updated
4. Press Begin
Beacon will download your current Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini files and make changes while preserving the rest of their contents.
5. Start Your Servers
When Beacon is finished, you're ready to start your servers back up again.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
- Adjusting Breeding Multipliers and Finding the Perfect Imprint Multiplier
- Changing Creature Damage and Resistance
- Setting Harvesting Rates While Avoiding Server Lag
- Editing Creature Spawn Points
- Adjusting Server Day and Night Length
- Changing Player, Tamed, and Wild Creature Stats
- Setting Item Maximum Stats
The Beacon Library
- Using Presets to Automate Item Set Creation
- Adding Unsupported Engrams, Creatures, or Spawn Points to Beacon
- Create or Recover Your Account
- Sign Into Beacon
- Activating Beacon Omni
- Sharing Beacon Documents with Other Users
- About User Privacy
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
- Solving Connection Problems to Beacon or Nitrado