Adjusting Breeding Multipliers and Finding the Perfect Imprint Multiplier
Ark has a lot of breeding settings. Beacon can help you with them. And for admins look for just the right imprint multiplier, Beacon can really make your life easier. This guide will help you get started with the Breeding Multipliers editor available in Beacon 1.2 and later.
Because this editor has descriptions beneath each of the multipliers, this guide will cover only the major multipliers.
Mature and Incubation Speed Multipliers
Increasing the Incubation Speed Multiplier causes fertilized eggs to hatch faster. See the Incubation Time column in the list at the bottom to see how multiplier affects the incubation time of the game's creatures.
Increasing the Mature Speed Multiplier causes hatched babies to mature faster. The time which creatures mature affects imprint parameters, so see the Mature Time, % Per Imprint, and Max Imprint % columns of the list below for how changing this value affects the game's creatures.
Imprint Period Multiplier
The Imprint Period Multiplier adjusts how often a creature wants imprinting. The standard 8 hour imprint period is multiplied by this value, so for example, if the Imprint Period Multiplier is 0.5, the formula would be
8 x 0.5 = 4.
To find the amount of imprint to gain per cuddle, first the maximum number of cuddles is computed by rounding down the result of
mature time ÷ imprint period. So a creature that matures in 12 hours would have 1 possible cuddle at the standard 8 hour mature time. Then the amount per cuddle is computed as
100% / max cuddles, in this case, 100% per cuddle. This means as long as a creature can cuddle at all, it is capable of reaching 100% imprinting.
Finding a good Imprint Period Multiplier is as simple as finding a value just slightly below the fastest maturing creature that you want imprintable.
Beacon includes an wizard for finding the right Imprint Period Multiplier based on your server's Mature Speed Multiplier and creatures you decide are important to imprint. Press the icon, choose the creatures you require to be imprintable, and press OK. You can then review the list to see its effect on the game's creatures.
Luckily, computers are good for these kinds of tasks and Beacon is ready to do the math for you. The imprint multiplier wizard, accessed by pressing the icon, allows you to tell Beacon which creatures are important to the calculation and the lowest maximum imprint percentage that would be acceptable for those creatures.
- Importing an Existing Config
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- How to Design Loot Drops Effectively
- How to Edit Crafting Costs
- Changing the Level Cap and Required Experience
- How to Change Stack Sizes
- Using Custom Config Content with Beacon
- Adjusting Breeding Multipliers and Finding the Perfect Imprint Multiplier
- Changing Creature Damage and Resistance
- Setting Harvesting Rates While Avoiding Server Lag
The Beacon Library
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
- Solving Connection Problems to Beacon or Nitrado